- By accessing any part of this website (further referred to as ‘Site’), you will be deemed to have accepted these terms (further referred to as ‘Terms’).
- In the Terms, ‘you’ and ‘your(s)’ means the user of the Site, and ‘we’, ‘our(s)’ and ‘us’ means Business Start Up Oman (further referred to as ‘BSUO’).
- The Terms relate to the use of the Site and materials contained herein as well as any electronic communications sent in connection with your use of the Site, such as (but not limited to) confirmation emails, follow-up emails, and email newsletters.
- The Terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Sultanate of Oman.
- We do not guarantee or represent that the Site will be able to meet your requirements. You are using the Site at your sole risk.
- BSUO seeks to ensure that the information and materials on this Site (or sent in connection with your use of the Site) are correct at the time of inclusion but provides these without warranty or representation of any kind, whether express or implied. BSUO does not accept any liability for inaccuracies, errors or omissions.
- In no circumstances shall BSUO be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise including but not limited to those arising from the use of or inability to use this Site, or any material contained in it (including any documents available for download as the case may be), or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this Site or any such material.
- The materials on this Site do not and are not intended to constitute financial, legal or other professional advice. You should seek advice from a professional adviser.
- The electronic versions of legislation and other official materials (including but not limited to regulations, rules, standards and principles, codes of practice, waivers and exemptions) on this Site, and any copies printed from them, are provided for convenience and information only. They are not the authoritative or definitive texts and should not be relied on as such.
- Certain Regulations and Rules appearing on this Site are, where so stated, in draft form and purely for information purposes. Descriptions and references in any material appearing on this Site to any such Regulations and Rules should be treated accordingly. The content of all draft material is subject to change and may differ from the final version. You may not rely on any such drafts either as a statement of the law or regulatory requirements nor as an indication of policy.
- This Site may contain material sent to BSUO by third parties. You should note that the third parties are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit to BSUO complies with applicable laws and BSUO is not responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material. BSUO reserves the right to omit, suspend or change any third-party material submitted as it considers appropriate.
- At various points on this Site you may be offered links to other sites, but these links are for information and convenience only and should you leave this Site via a link contained herein, you do so at your own risk. BSUO does not control these sites and is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These sites will have their own terms and policies and you are advised to read them carefully.
- BSUO owns the copyright and any other rights in this Site and all material on it, unless otherwise stated, and you are responsible for obeying all applicable laws relating to the intellectual property laws subsisting in this Site and the material on it.
- BSUO allows you to make copies of this Site as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it and the like. You may also print or store so much of the Site as is reasonable for personal use, but material should not be copied, used or re-published in whole or in part without prior written permission from BSUO and without acknowledging the source, either by the use of appropriate words or by our copyright notice (© Business Start Up Oman).
- BSUO will use reasonable efforts to ensure this Site is available to you, without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. Due to the possibility of human and technical errors, BSUO will not be liable if, for any reason, the Site is unavailable for a period of time.
- BSUO reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend the Site without any prior notice.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
BSUO collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone numbers etc.);
- Company identification information (organization name, registration data etc.);
- IP address; your device, browser, and operating system; your location, pages visited, and the duration of your stay on our Site.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide BSUO with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Fill out a contact form;
- Fill out a newsletter form;
- Request information or email an enquiry to us;
- Participate in any survey or other similar exercise undertaken by us;
- File a complaint;
- Use or view our Site using your browser's cookies;
- Send personal data to BSUO by any other means.
How will we use your data?
BSUO collects your data so that we can:
- Provide and improve our services to you;
- Administer and improve our Site; including compiling anonymous statistics, for example, Site usage statistics;
- Market, enhance and improve our services;
- Maintain internal record keeping and audits;
- Recruit new employees;
- Comply with legal regulations;
- Legitimately pursue our activities;
- Send our email newsletter to you as well as other emails that might be of interest.
If you agree, BSUO will share your data with the following partners in order to facilitate the provision of relevant services:
- Government and regulatory bodies or entities inside and outside of the Sultanate of Oman;
- Other businesses and third parties which we engage to help us run our business, for example to provide services to you;
- Analytics, technology and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- Such other entities or bodies as may be required by law;
- Other parties to which you authorise us to release it.
How do we store your data?
BSUO securely stores your data using IT systems including databases hosted in the cloud. We will keep your data as outlined above in accordance with our data retention policy. We typically keep data for ten years from the end of our relationship. Sometimes data might be needed for a longer period for legitimate purposes, e.g. to resolve open enquiries. If certain data is deemed to be no longer required, we may delete, destroy or anonymise them.
BSUO would like to send you information about services and events of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing messages, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop BSUO from contacting you for marketing purposes or providing your data to other entities.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
BSUO would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data from BSUO. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that BSUO correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request BSUO to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that BSUO erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that BSUO restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to BSUO’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that BSUO transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com, call us at +44 20 7079 1526 or write to us at Business Start Up Oman, Level 1, Devonshire House, One Mayfair Place, Mayfair, W1J 8AJ, United Kingdom.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our Site, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in;
- Understanding how you use our Site;
- Personalise Site content for you;
- Providing you with more information matching your identified interests;
- Complete a request made by you.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies; however, our Site uses:
- Necessary – These cookies are essential to make our Site work correctly as they enable you to move around our Site and use our features. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
- Performance – These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our Site by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the Site, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us improve the performance of our Site.
- Functionality – BSUO uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our Site and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – BSUO uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our Site, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. BSUO sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our Site.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above-mentioned website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our Site features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that BSUO has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office.